Santa Barbara Teen Star
GRAND FINALE TICKETS
The Santa Barbara Teen Star Showcase Finale will be held Saturday, March 23rd at the Granada Theater at 7:00pm [Red Carpet at 6:20pm]. Once again, electronic voting by those fans in the audience will determine our next winner so please encourage all of your friends and relatives to attend and lend their support - they are your biggest fans! BUY TICKETS >
THE FINALISTS 2013
FINALISTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED FEBRUARY 6th!
- Saturday Jan. 21st at San Marcos High School.
- WithKenny Loggins and Townsend Coleman. Allison Lewis and Bear Redell to perform.
AUDITION LOCATION & DATES
Competition to determine best teen solo singing talent in Santa Barbara County!
- Thursday Feb. 2 Auditions begin at Righetti High School
- Saturday and Sunday Feb. 3-4, Auditions at San Marcos High School
For all teenagers who would like to participate in the Santa Barbara Teen Star Showcase 2012, here are the requirements:
- Contestants must be enrolled in school within Santa Barbara County and the eligible age-range for contestants is 7th through 12th grade.
- During the auditions contestants will take part in a brief interview followed by a one-minute time frame to perform a solo (a Capella - please, no music for the audition) performance for our panel of judges.
- The judges will then critique the performance and give helpful notes to each contestant. Some of the contestants may even be awarded a Golden Ticket at the audition, meaning you have been chosen to go through to perform at the finale!
- All of the contestants will be excused after their audition until our Facebook site posts the top 10 finalists, time to be announced at the auditions.
ABOUT & PAST WINNERS
AND THE WINNER IS...
2011... Bear Redell, a 14 year old eighth grader at Los Olivos Junior High where his favorite subjects are English and History. When he is not playing or listening to music, he enjoys playing football and basketball. He is inspired by Jason Miraz, Train, Maroon 5 And Jack Johnson. “You can turn off the sun, but I’m still gonna shine....” are lyrics By Jason Miraz that inspire him to believe anything is possible with the right attitude. Music has always helped Bear express his thoughts and emotions when he has found It difficult to do so in other ways.
2010... Allison Lewis, a sophomore at Santa Barbara High School, won the 2010 title. As winner of Teen Idol she was awarded a recording session at world recording studio, Santa Barbara Sound Design,where Rascal Flatts recently recorded, as well as many other well-known artists. Lewis was also invited to the Unity Shop Telethon to perform with such celebrities as Kenny Loggins and other locals. Lewis’ numerous recording/radio appearances have resulted in future bookings for her, all as a result of Teen Idol.
Are you the next Carrie Underwood?
- Teen Star Santa Barbara is a competition to discover the best teen solo singing talent in Santa Barbara County.
- Teen Star Santa Barbara is hosted by Lambert Productions.
The Need To Support Youth Arts
- Many youth arts, music and theatre programs have been eliminated or greatly reduced in our schools over the last several years. To help alleviate the problem, the Teen Star Santa Barbara program was established in 2010. We believe giving our youth an outlet to showcase their talent in a healthy environment will provide long lasting benefits for our community and our students as well as enhance opportunities for their futures. Proceeds from this event will be donated to performing arts programs in Santa Barbara County Schools.
- Teen Idol seeks to support and benefit performing and theater arts for the youth in Santa Barbara County. This year’s Beneficiaries will be the Performing Arts Departments of Dos Pueblos, San Marcos And Santa Barbara High School.
The Show Exceeds Expectations
- The first annual Teen Star Showcase 2010 was an overwhelming success with an unexpected crowd of 425 people filling the Elings Performing Arts Center at Dos Pueblos High School. In 2011, two weeks before the finals, the house was sold out (over 800 people) at Santa Barbara High School on April 8th . We attribute the success of the last two seasons largely in part to the coverage of most major media in Santa Barbara (Independent, KEYT, Santa Barbara News Press, K-Lite Radio and the Daily Sound are among the many) and the Social Network with an astonishing 142,500 hits on the Teen Star Facebook page.
Discovering the Best Solo Singing Talent
- The purpose of the Teen Star Santa Barbara program is to determine the best solo singing talent in Santa Barbara County. Contestants must be enrolled in 7th – 12th grade within Santa Barbara County. They will take part in a brief interview and perform a solo a capella song in front of our panel of judges at which point ten semi-finalists will be chosen. These semi-finalists will then compete in the Teen Star Showcase 2012 on March 3rd in front of a panel of celebrity judges well-versed in the music industry. The Judges and the audience determine the second round finalists and the audience picks the ultimate winner by electronic voting with cell phones.