- 36 Hitchcock Way, Santa Barbara, CA 93105
Contact the Listing Owner
To inquire about this listing, complete the form below to send a message to the listing owner.
Serving Santa Barbara: camps, sports, child care, teen center and fitness.
- Year round youth programming
- Swim Lessons
- Youth Sports
- Youth exercise classes
- Birthday Parties
- Child Care
- Licensed Preschool
- Winter / Spring break camp
- Summer Day Camps
- Youth & Teen Resident camp
- Family Camps
- Teen Programs
- Babysitting training classes
- Pre/Postnatal Fitness
- People join the YMCA for a wide variety of reasons ranging from fitness needs to social and educational activities to child care. No matter what reason people join, they soon find that they are a part of a valuable community that is continually striving to build strong kids, strong families, and a stronger community. The YMCA is a welcoming community, one that embraces people of all abilities, incomes, races, and religions. We are a haven for many who find themselves caught up in the busy and hectic lifestyle of our modern world. We are a place to nurture ones spirit, mind, and body. FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE – Channel Islands YMCA programs and services are available to everyone regardless of ability to pay.
YOUTH & FAMILY SERVICES
Youth & Family services includes three distinct programs: Noahs Anchorage Youth Crisis Center, Support and Outreach Program and the Isla Vista Teen Center. The Youth and Family Services branch is the social service arm of the Channel Islands YMCA and reaches into many sectors of the Santa Barbara, Goleta and Isla Vista community providing comprehensive services to the children, youth, young adults and their families.
- Noahs AnchorageYouth Crisis Shelter– Noahs Anchorage is a licensed group home that has served the Santa Barbara community for over 35 years offering FREE services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Noahs Anchorage provides residential and non-residential services to youth between the ages of 10-17 and offers counseling, case management, community referrals, and advocacy to youth, young adults and their families.We also have a 24 hour crisis hotline 1-866-435-7833 or 1-866-HELP TEEN.We work with runaway, homeless, abused, at-risk, foster care youth and families who just need help getting through a difficult time with their teen.
- Support and Outreach Services– The Support and Outreach Services Program provides outreach and aftercare services to clients aged 10-24 who may be homeless, have runaway, or are transitioning out of a system of care. Program goals are to help clients obtain safe and stable housing and to assist them master independent living skills and maintain self-sufficiency.
- Isla Vista Teen Center The Isla Vista Teen Center has been serving Isla Vista and Goleta youth and families for over 10 years and provides a safe, fun alternative space for teens during the high risk after-school hours. The Center is open to youth in the 6th -12th grades and our programs support the strength and achievement of youth and their families through a variety of educational, recreational, cultural and leadership opportunities. IVTC houses a pool table, ping pong table, a large screen TV, Wii system and 5 computers with internet access as well as an array of board games and sport equipment.WEBSITE
- EDUCATIONAL SERVICES S.M.A.R.T Program
Tutoring, homework assistance, book clubs, access to computers, internet and printing. Services also includes case management and advocacy. Homework assistance is provided by the Center staff as well as UCSB student volunteers. Services are available Monday through Thursday from 6:30-8:00pm.
- Alcohol and other Drugs Prevention
Alcohol and other drugs education groups are offered on a weekly basis throughout the year. The groups provide youth with important facts and information regarding alcohol and other drugs as well as helping youth explore the impact of alcohol and other drugs in their lives and in their community.
Teens in the 8th -12th grades have the opportuntity to gain leadership skills and and become engaged in community issues. Teens are required to commit for a minimum of a quarter and new students are selected every quarter. Leadership participants identify and work on various issues or concerns affecting youth and their community.
IVTC partners with various organizations to provide teens with a range of opportunities and experiences. Currently we are working with Arts for Humanities who facilitate a theatre class as well as arts and crafts classes and Santa Barbara Nieghborhood Clinic who facilitate a Teen Health Advocates Training. In the summer we partner with Isla Vista Arts for the Nuestra Voz Theatre Camp.
Membership is FREE and is open to all youth in the 6th 12th grades.Please visit IVTC for membership application.
Listed in 1active-verified, Camps & CIT Programs, Classes, Clubs, After-School, Dance, Sports, Swim, Non ProfitsTags:After School Care, Athletic clubs, Baseball, Basketball, CPR & first aid training, Football & Rugby, foster, Martial arts, Parents Night Out Programs, Pre & postnatal fitness, Preschools, Soccer, softball & t-ball, Sports & martial arts, sports-leagues, Spring Break, Swim lessons, Swimming, Volunteer Opportunities, Winter Break, Yoga