Contact the Listing Owner
To inquire about this listing, complete the form below to send a message to the listing owner.
Wilderness Youth Project (WYP) promotes meaningful social change through an innovative, nature-based curriculum and mentoring program. Our programs return children to the traditions of childhood: outdoor time, child-centered exploration, skill/self-esteem development and connection with the natural world. A 501(c)3 non-profit organization, WYP provides scholarships to 60% of our participants thanks to the support of community members like you.
Below are some of our ongoing offerings. Check our website (www.wyp.org) for the most current schedule. After School Programs, Overnight Programs, Summer Programs, Teen Expeditions
- Ages 6-12 Connect with each other and the natural world by heightening awareness, playing and learning on our local trails.
- Ages 3-5. Following the natural rhythms of the earth, giving us ample material for the making, telling and sharing of stories while building language skills and a sense of community.
Grasshoppers & Young Eagles After School
- Grades K-5 Explore natural mysteries and begin learning wilderness skills such as fire by friction, awareness of the four directions and knife safety.
Peace Makers Journey
- Grades 6-8 Fostering a deeper relationship with, and stewardship of, the earth through a variety of skill-based activities that support our animal, plant and human communities.
- Grades 9-12 The intention of North Wind Leadership is to cultivate teens who are equally comfortable and competent both in their communities and in the natural world. We move toward this goal through community service, an ever deepening knowledge of place, and wilderness survival skills.
Spring BreakCamps and Camp Outs
- Wyp offers camps during Spring Break, ages 6-12 (day camps) and a 5 day backpacking trip, ages 11-16. Also offers two weekend campouts. See website for details.
- Different opportunities for kids ages 4-17. Check out wyp.org for details of time, place and cost.
- Outdoor fun for the entire family in the Summer and Winter!
Spring Break Camps
- Day camps for ages 5-11 and Backpacking for ages 11-14
HORIZON Adult Program
- Adult workshops including camp-outs and tracking club. See www.wyp.org for details.