Contact the Listing Owner
To inquire about this listing, complete the form below to send a message to the listing owner.
The UCSB Department of Recreation has provided quality summer programming for the past 35 years. Our many Summer Programs serve thousands of young people annually and draw participants from around the world. The Summer Day Camp serves children as young as 4.5 and is a great way to introduce them to a variety of activities.Staff for aquatics programs are certified lifeguards and adhere to strict safety guidelines.
- Swim Lessons
- Summer Day Camp
- Jr Lifeguards (& assistant positions for teens)
- Surf & Kayak Camp
Summer Day Camp
- The goal of the UCSB Summer Day Camp is to provide a safe, fun and active environment in which children can develop new skills, self-esteem and friendships.
We pride ourselves on offering an action-packed, varied and exciting camp. Highly trained and qualified counselors provide a warm, family atmosphere in which each child is special and all children are taught to respect and value others.
Campers enjoy daily swimming at the Recreation Center and Campus Pool, access to the UCSB gymnastics facility as well as weekly visits to the Ropes Adventure Course.
Camp is open to boys and girls ages 5-14.
SURF & KAYAK
- The Surf & Kayak Camp will take place at UCSBs Campus Point and will include surfing instruction, kayak instruction, beach activities and environmental education. This camp is designed to encourage marine interaction through recreation and education. This is a unique opportunity for kids to learn about, respect and enjoy the resources our coast provides.Camp is open to boys and girls ages 9-15.
- Participate in a program that will improve self esteem, teamwork, physical fitness, first aid/ocean safety skills, environmental awareness and thats just plain fun. Two four-week sessions.
Program runs Monday-Friday, 8:30am-12:30pm.
Jr. Guards is for boys & girls age 8-17
Session 1: June 20-July 15 $365
Session 2: July 18 August 12 $365
Attend both sessions for $585
Try-Out Dates at the Rec Cen:
April 3-2pm, April 30-12pm,May 21-2pm & June 5-12pm
- Ages 3+ years. Two-Week Sessions begin in June.There will also be one 1-week mini session offered June 13-17. Swim lesson sign ups for Summer 2016 begin April 20th at 10am. EMAIL or CALL 893-2501
REC CEN POOL
- The Recreation Center Aquatics Complex is available to registered UCSB students, Rec Cen members and day-pass holders. Day pass entry is $15 ($8 children) and can be purchased at the Rec Cen front desk. During the school year (September-May), children are allowed entry only on weekends and must be accompanied by a Rec Cen Member (other restrictions apply). During the summer, non-members (community) may bring children every day with a day pass or Summer Family Membership purchase.
July 16, 2014
I have been so grateful for the swim teachers at UCSB this summer. They are patient, creative, and never seem flustered. We see progress in our child’s level of confidence in the pool and are very thankful!
You have already reviewed this listing.