Contact the Listing Owner
To inquire about this listing, complete the form below to send a message to the listing owner.
The mission of the Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse is Building a safer, healthier community by preventing and treating alcoholism and drug abuse.
- Parent Program- A free educational program specifically designed for parents who are facing behavioral challenges with children 10-18 years of age. The program consists of six evening sessions, offered in English or Spanish, and is followed by parent support groups.
- S.U.P.E.R. Program- The Substance Use Prevention and Education Resource is a free family education program that brings parents and teens together to develop positive family relationships, improve communication, and address substance use issues. The program consists of four evening sessions and is offered in English or Spanish.
- Youth Service System- For over 14 years, Youth Service Specialists (YSS) have worked full-time in all Santa Barbara secondary schools providing prevention education, sober activities, counseling, early identification, and referrals to other community services and resources
- Daniel Bryant Youth and Family Treatment Center- Provides comprehensive outpatient treatment for youth ages 12-18 who are struggling w/ alcohol & other drug problems.as well as education and support for their families.
- Teen Court A diversion program for first-time misdemeanor offenders. Defendants avoid a criminal record while still being held accoutable for their actions. All functions of Teen Court are carried out by teens and sentences include jury duty, community service, counseling, and education classes.
- Mentor Program- Provides students in grades 4 though 8 with a compatible adult mentor. Mentors and students meet once a week, for at least one hour at the childs school. Volunteers help build self-confidence, resiliency and social skills in their young partners.
- Perinatal Program- Offers intensive outpatient drug and alcohol treatment to mothers and mothers-to-be with substance abuse issues. Program lasts from 6-18 months and includes childcare, transportation, and parenting classes.
CADA has volunteer opportunities for involvement in our CADA Kids programs such as Mentoring, Teen Court, Youth Treatment Program, and the Youth Service System.
We are always searching for volunteers to help in several areas including: Special Events, Marketing, public relations, advertising, Community Outreach, General Administration.
Consider becoming a Mentor.
Volunteer time is flexible. It can fit any schedule and any lifestyle. You can volunteer for several hours every week or for just one day a year!
Listed in 1active-verified, Family Support & Crisis Services, Non Profits, Play & Support Groups, Teen Programs & ServicesTags:alcohol, Crisis, drugs, emergency services, hotlines, mentor, Mentoring programs, Non profits, prevention, teens, Therapists