- 310 W. Padre Street, Santa Barbara 93105
SBCC Center for Lifelong Learning offers classes and programs for lifelong learners of all ages and interests. Classes start throughout each term. Register today.
- Alice F. Schott Campus
310 W. Padre Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93105-4366
- Selmer O. Wake Campus
300 N. Turnpike Rd., Santa Barbara, CA 93111-1931
CENTER FOR LIFELONG LEARNING
Beginning with the 2013-2014 academic year, the reorganization to fully integrate what was the Continuing Education Division of SBCC into the College’s Educational Programs Division will have been completed. This will enable the College to better serve students in our noncredit programs and more fully support them in attaining their educational and career objectives. The College will continue to offer and expand noncredit programs in the following areas: Adult High School/GED, English as a Second Language, Short-Term Vocational, and Lifelong Learning.
Adult High School/GED, English as a Second Language, and Short-Term Vocational programs are state-supported and do not require tuition fees. These programs provide pathways for students to advance to the credit division of SBCC and/or obtain employment. We are now using the title Continuing Education to refer to state-supported non-credit courses and programs.
Lifelong learning classes (e.g., arts, crafts, cooking, fitness, current events, and other personal enrichment classes), are offered through the College’s new Center for Lifelong Learning (CLL). Independent of state funding and the ever-increasing requirements governing these types of classes, the Center for Lifelong Learning will have much greater flexibility to offer affordable fee-based classes in a wide- range of topics and in formats that are responsive to the learning needs of those in our community. The CLL is a self-sustaining unit of the college, supported through tuition fees, donations and fundraising.
- SBCC Continuing Education (aka “Adult Education”) offers parent/child classes all year long.
- Typically, you’ll find: Preparation for Childbirth; Movement for Mothers to Be; Calm Your Baby, Calm Yourself; Baby Sign Workshop; Parenting Skills: Helping Children Flourish (Bilingual); Discipline without Punishments or Rewards.
- Other classes are designed for parents and their pre-school children are: Infant Times I, II and III; Growing Times I, II and III; Creative Movement for Parents and Kids; Music, Movement & Fun; Music Times I & II; Learning to Dance; Parents and Kids in Parks; and Partners in Exploration; and 4 popular Parent-Child Workshops featuring nursery schools for 2-5 year olds.
- Periodically you’ll discover more specialized classes such as Teenage Pregnancy Prevention, Financing a College Education and Anger Management for Parents.
PARENTING EDUCATION – COOPERATIVE PRESCHOOL
- The Oaks
- Starr King
- Lou Grant
- San Marcos
October 22, 2014
SBCC Center for Lifelong Learning ~ Keeping your mind sharp allows you to share the knowledge of the past for the future of our children.
Add Your Review
You have already reviewed this listing.