Family fun, camps, parent/child classes, birthday parties, and CIT opportunities for teens. Located on 30 acres overlooking the Pacific Ocean and is home to more than 500 animals. The Santa Barbara Zoo is open 10-5 every day except Christmas.
- Summer, Winter & Spring Camps
- Camps are fun and educational. Age-appropriate themed programs for ages 3 to 5 and grades 1 through 7 include games, teacher-led workshops, behind-the-scenes visits, up-close animal introductions, hands-on science, and crafts. Now offering overnight options at an additional fee! Camp hours are Monday – Friday from 9:00a.m.-2:00p.m; extended day 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Scholarships available
- Member’s Night
- Princess Day
- Zoofari Ball
- Boo at the Zoo
- Snow Leopard Festival
- Zoo to do
- Are you looking for a fun birthday party idea for your wild child? The Santa Barbara Zoo offers unique birthday party packages for children 12 & under, and the grown-ups will have a great time too!
- Reserve a picnic site or book the birthday party animal package. The package includes: Zoo admission, train tickets, parking, tableware, animal encounter, 3-hour site rental, invitations, and crayons, animal masks and activity booklets for the kids. Optional catering and goodie bag add-ons available as well.
VOLUNTEER – TEENS & ADULTS
- If you love animals and enjoy working with people, the Santa Barbara Zoo is the place for you! Built largely by volunteers in the 1960’s, the Santa Barbara Zoo is a success today thanks largely to the generosity of our volunteers.