Families are invited to come and explore the 5,000 years of world art on display at the Santa Barbara Museum of Art. Admission is free every Thursday 5 – 8 pm. Special activity guides for families and interactive family tours make the SBMA a great place for the whole family to engage in creative and fun learning. Have lunch or a snack at the café opposite the Children’s Gallery.
- Check the events calendar for special events like Free Family Days, Storytelling in the Galleries, family tour schedules, and classes and camps at the Ridley-Tree Education Center at McCormick House.
- After-School Classes & parent-child classes offered during the school year.
Since its beginning in 2003, smART Families has provided much needed support to the Museum’s art education programs, which provides free programming to more than 40,000 students, teachers, researchers and seniors each year. Funds raised by smART Families have also provided underwriting for the Paint Me A Story family guide to the permanent collection, the What If? reinstallation of the Marlene and Robert Veloz Children’s Gallery, The Mouse in the Museum children’s book, the Heads and Tales family guide for the exhibition Over Rainbows and Down Rabbit Holes: The Art of Children’s Books, and the series of Going Up installations in the Museum’s elevator.
smART Families membership is $325 per year which includes a general Museum membership ($60). For more information, please contact email@example.com or 805.884.6426.
ADVENTURE CAMPS & CLASSES
ArtVentures at the Ridley-Tree Education Center at McCormick House offers a variety of art classes year-round and camps during school breaks in summer, winter, and spring which provide an atmosphere of creativity, studio art practices, and an enriching experience for people of all ages.
- Summer Camps: ArtVenture Camps are unique week-long art experiences where campers spend their day immersed in hands-on art making, cultural history, and creative problem solving, in an inspiring atmosphere with lots of personal attention. Also offered are Ceramics Camps, Parent/Child Classes, and After-Camp Care.
SBMA ART STORE
- Welcome to the world of art & creativity. You’ll find great gifts for adults & kids alike. Come visit the Santa Barbara Museum of Art store.
- Open the imagination of a child with creative Klutz kits, Anatex wooden toys, Eeboo & Mudpuppy learning games along with Alex painting & craft activity kits. Expose a child to art related books and Museum based games. Come explore.
- SB MUSEUM OF ART has opportunities for adults to volunteer as docents or support various events throughout the year. Teens can volunteer for the ArtVenture camps and after school classes.