The Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History Sea Center is focused on connecting people of all ages to the marine environment through interactive exhibits and programs. These dynamic experiences are designed to inspire a passion for the natural world and foster stewardship for the marine environment. Visitors to the new Sea Center can become involved, not just by observing, but by actually doing marine science activities. Participate in current marine research, collect and test water samples, and experience guided encounters with live sea creatures. Children can crawl inside a simulated tide pool to see the life and power of the ocean as the surf and tide surges around them. Host your next birthday party at the Sea Center.
Nature Adventures™ offers classes, workshops, camps, and overnights at the Museum and Sea Center for children ages 2–12 years to inspire a thirst for discovery and a passion for the natural world. This children’s program is designed to provide children with opportunities to experiment, experience, and observe the natural world around them, while engaging in the scientific process. Pre-registration is required for most programs. Need help or questions? Contact SBMNH Nature Adventures at 805-682-4711 ext. 171. More information online.
Nature Adventures™ offers classes, workshops, camps, and overnights at the Museum and Sea Center for children ages 2–12 years to inspire a thirst for discovery and a passion for the natural world. This children’s program is designed to provide children with opportunities to experiment, experience, and observe the natural world around them, while engaging in the scientific process. Pre-registration is required for most programs.
HOURS, ADMISSIONS and PARKING
- SEA CENTER HOURS: The Sea Center is open daily from 10 AM-5 PM. Closed all day New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and. The Sea Center closes early on Christmas Eve at 3 PM.
- GENERAL SEA CENTER ADMISSION: Museum Members are free; Non-members are $8/adult; $6/senior (over 64); $6/teen (13-17); $5/child (2-12). Parking on Stearns Wharf is free for the first 90 minutes with ticket validation.
- The Sea Center is owned and operated by the SB Museum of Natural History, and admission fees provide admission to both campuses.
A Museum membership provides FREE admission to BOTH the Museum and its off-site marine-themed campus, the Sea Center. Join online now and start your adventure into nature and science.
When you become a member of the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History, you are supporting one of the oldest institutions in Santa Barbara. We appreciate your support. As a private, nonprofit organization that does not receive local, state or federal government funding for our operations, the Museum depends on the generosity of the community. Here are just a few reasons to join the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History:
- Unlimited FREE admission* to the Museum, Sea Center, daytime Planetarium shows, and the monthly Star Party.
- Advance notice and special discounts on Museum camps, classes, lectures, and films.
- Unique members-only events throughout the year, like the annual Members’ Party held each year in May with an exclusive premiere of summer special exhibition.
- Special opportunities for local, regional, national, and international natural history trips.
- Provide support to care for our immense collections, continue our great scientific research, maintain our award-winning education programs, and bring in creative new exhibitions all year long.