Children’s center, school-age programs, school readiness initiative, family resource center. The Isla Vista Youth Projects was founded in 1971 in response to community need for programs to serve community children and families. The Isla Vista Youth Projects celebrates the diversity of the ethnic and racial backgrounds represented in our community, and we do not discriminate against any child because of race, ethnic origin, religious affiliation or economic status.
- Children’s Center – child care for 3 months – 6 years
- After School Program – held on site at Isla Vista Elementary School and is open during the school year from 2:50pm to 6:00pm
- Summer Program – The program is held on site at Isla Vista Elementary School and is open during the summer months from 7:15am to 5:15pm
- Family Resource Center – The goal of our Family Resource Center is to strengthen and empower families by helping them meet primary needs, access community resources, build upon family strengths and improve family relations. To improve outcomes for both families and community, our Center brings together services that educate, develop skills and improve family relations.
- THRIVE Isla Vista – THRIVE Isla Vista is part of a county-wide public-private collaborative focused on preparing and readying the next generation of Santa Barbara county residents for productive lives. The Isla Vista collaborative aspires to close the readiness gap by ensuring all children entering Isla Vista school are “school-ready” and maintain that success third grade and beyond.
- As an intern/volunteer you will be assisting in a grade level class, providing additional support to the lead teacher and TA on staff. There are about 20 students in each class, you will be placed in one of the 6 classes and; help supervise students, tutor students during homework hour, interact with students during their enrichment activity, and overall support the lead teacher and TA. Our after school program is open from 3:00-6:00 Mon.-Fri., except Thursdays from 2:00-6:00. During the summer time, the program is open from 7:15-5:15 daily Mon.-Fri.