Gustafson Dance offers a full line-up of programs year-round for children ages 2 and up.
Gustafson Dance provides instruction in dance for all levels of advancement, beginner through professional. Our instruction provides a solid technical foundation in a warm and caring environment. We specialize in teaching dance in a manner that is non threatening and builds self-esteem, so that everyone from the beginner to the professional dancer will excel.
- For 2 to 3 year-olds, this class provides the fundamentals for learning about rhythm and movement. Focus is on body awareness using songs and props.
- For 3 to 5 year-olds, the emphasis of the class is on the development of coordination and a love of movement. Class work includes large and small motor skills, an introduction to classical vocabulary, creative movement, team-work, and music appreciation.
Ballet Levels Primary – Level 6
- This graded program of classical ballet study meets the standards of professional conservatory training. Progress is guided through individual evaluations and appropriate class level placements. Placement is determined by the Director. Pointe, Classical Variations, and Pas de Deux are provided for levels 4-6 students with permission of the Director. Students must take a minimum of four classes per week, have mastered basic technique while maintaining correct placement, and have sufficient hip, leg, and foot strength on pointe.
Jazz and Tap
- Jazz classes are available for students ages 4 through Adult, and Tap classes are available for the 3-9 year old student.
- Classes are available for both the novice and the experienced adult dancer in a mature and non- threatening environment.
SUMMER PROGRAMS & CAMPS
The Dance Camps are filled with ballet technique, jazz, tap, art, drama and rehearsal for the end-of-session performance. The consistency of daily study of dance helps them improve their skills and prepares them for the continued study of dance. The dancers have the opportunity to engage in the full theater experience, as they put together a musical production. Not only do they dance, sing and act, but they also help with their costumes and sets, making their production one that’s uniquely their own.
STATE STREET BALLET SUMMER INTENSIVE
State Street Ballet’s Summer Intensive is for serious ballet students from 12 to 21 years of age with a minimum of three years of dance experience, who wish to work with professional dancers and nationally recognized instructors. The student’s commitment to progress will be fully supported by technique classes, personal coaching and feedback from our excellent faculty. In addition, students participate in a fully-staged performance on In the Summer Intensive section the performance date is Friday July 13,
2012, at 6:00 p.m. Tickets for this performance are $20 for adults and $15 for children under 12 years, and will be onsale in advance at the State Street Ballet office, or at the door one hour before the performance.
Our Summer Intensive provides young dancers with the individual attention they need to achieve substantial technical progress in a creative, supportive educational environment.
STATE STREET BALLET PERFORMANCES
State Street Ballet remains dedicated to promoting original dance through public performances and educational outreach programs.The company tours domestically and internationally, boasting a 90% rebooking rate.