The Children’s Creative Project is a non profit arts education organization that has provided quality arts experiences for school children since 1974.
I Madonnarri Italian Street Painting Festival
The annual I Madonnarri Italian Street Painting Festival (Memorial Day weekend at the Mission) was created by Executive Director Kathy Koury in 1987. The Children’s Creative Project is a program of the SB County Education Office.
BE A VOLUNTEER at I MADONNARI
ARTS IN OUR SCHOOLS
Each year, during classroom hours, resident artists instruct more than 30,000 students in visual arts, dance, theater, and vocal music. A total of 60,000 students view performances by local and nationally acclaimed touring companies. For many of these children, our specially designed programs are their primary fine arts experience. VIEW ART PROGRAM
PERFORMING & VISUAL ARTS CAMP
The PVAC program is varied and exciting, providing our campers with different cultural and theatre arts experiences throughout the four weeks.
- Students will have a rotating schedule of dance, visual arts, and music throughout the day.
- Visiting Artists Series; Students are introduced to an outside guest weekly, such as karate demonstrations, Vocal Point singers, Flamenco dance, and Symphony Orchestra members.
- Morning ( 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.) or afternoon ( 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.) sessions are available for students attending summer school.
- The rotating schedule assures half-day attendee’s participation in all that PVAC has to offer.
- Full and Partial Scholarships are available to students with an interest in dance, music, drama, and/or visual arts through a scholarship interview/audition.
- AUDITION… Students should come prepared with a short song to sing,or a brief monologue to read,or a dance number … all should be under 3 minutes long.
- CONTACT… 805-637-1191