December Holiday Scholastic K-8 Chess Tournament0
Non-Rated Section: For new and beginning players in K-8 grades.
This section is Non-Rated which means that the results will not be submitted to USCF.
Writing down moves is encouraged but not required.
Using a clock is encouraged but not required.
- USCF rules for Scholastic tournament.
- 4 rounds SS (Swiss System) – Everyone plays 4 games against players with approximately the same number of wins and losses after each round.
- Each game lasts 30 minutes (15 minute for each player)
- Tournament Director (TD) discretion may be used for any pairings. We will try to avoid pairings against siblings and classmates for initial rounds.
- Please bring chess boards (Tournament Size or Big Size) and chess clocks if you have them.
Round 1 10:00 am
- Round 2 10:30 am
- Round 3 11:00 am.
- Round 4 11:30 am
- 12:15 Results and Medal distribution to winners
Registration & Entry Fees:
- $10 per participant.
Only 32 players allowed. Confirm your participation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Student Name, Grade, School)
- Will be decided and depends on the number of participants.
For more details, check the craiglist under event , chess santabarbara.craigslist.org/eve/5326722481.html