Weekly Cleaning Schedule0
You’ve seen those cute signs – Martha Stewart Doesn’t Live Here. Please count that double in my home. Despite my best intentions, cleaning does not seem to come naturally to me. I can’t seem to keep up with the dishes, laundry, or mopping. And please, avert your eyes from my baseboards. I would love to live in super clean home, however. One of my New Year’s Resolutions was to maintain a cleaner home, and it has been going well, for the most part.
The key for me has been to stick to a realistic weekly cleaning schedule. Every day of the week I clean a different zone of the house. This list is certainly not original or groundbreaking. The internet is full of weekly cleaning lists and my final chore schedule is a combination of many. This seems to work best for our house and needs. Use it as a guideline for your own home:
- Monday: Laundry. I start laundry early in the morning and keep it going all day, making sure that I do towels, sheets, throw blankets, etc. Tidy. Every time I move through a room, I pick something up and put it away. Vacuum.
- Tuesday: Bathrooms. Clean counters, toilet, tub, mirrors, floors. Refill soap. Take note of anything supplies or medications that need to be replaced.
- Wednesday: Dusting. Run a microfiber cloth or your favorite dusting tool over all surfaces.
- Thursday: Sell, give away, donate, store. Pickone area of your home (a drawer, closet, etc) to judiciously prune.
- Friday: Tidy, vacuum, mop.
- Saturday: Take the day off! Your house now looks awesome and you deserve the rest.
- Sunday: Meal plan and grocery shop.
How do you maintain your home? Share your tips in the comments below!