Santa Ynez Valley Highlights0
30 minutes up highway 154, SYV and Solvang have a lot to offer.
Santa Ynez Valley and Solvang are 30 minutes up highway 154. You don’t want to come to Santa Barbara and miss driving up highway 154 to visit some amazing wineries and restaurants.
Spend the day touring and tasting at over 50 world-class wineries or you can go golfing, hiking, biking, fishing, boating or visit a horse farm.
Visit one of the great grocery stores and pick up a picnic lunch to take to one of the vineyards. Shop at the art galleries, clothing boutiques, and antique stores.
- Do a little gambling at the Chumash Casino Resort and Spa.
- Rancho Oso Guest Ranch & Stables has accommodations and horses and offers hundreds of miles of riding trails.
- Rancho San Marcos Golf Course offers a spectacular practice facility, trained caddies and exquisite service in a secluded setting.
- You can also try the ZACA CREEK GOLF COURSE off Highway 246.
- Los Olivos: Wildling Art Museum, promotes a greater understanding and appreciation of America’s wilderness through education and the collection, preservation, and exhibition of art.
- Cachuma Lake Recreation area off highway 154 is home to fish, deer and bobcats as well as 275 species of birds, including migratory bald eagles in the winter.
- Enjoy wildlife cruises, boat rentals, fishing, plus picnic, camping and play facilities.
- The kids will enjoy a visit to Solvang (‘Little Denmark”) with over 300 stores, fun bakeries and restaurants.
- Visit the Hans Christian Andersen Museum, Hans Christian Andersen Park, Apple and fruit farm stands, Solvang Vintage Motorcycle Museum, Ostrich Land, and the Quicksilver Miniature Horse Ranch.
- Don’t miss the Farmers Market every Wednesday afternoon.
- Try a night at the Solvang Theaterfest. They offer concerts, plays and musicals at a theater under the stars from June through October. http://syvva.com/