Ice Breakers & Party Games0
Keeping the kids entertained
Get creative with the games but make sure they are age appropriate. Better to plan more games even if you do not end up doing them all. You may find certain games don’t go over as quickly and therefor don’t take long.
SHARE YOUR GAME IDEAS BELOW IN THE COMMENTS SECTION.
Find Your Match
- Write down charades for half the guests. Duplicate the list for the other half of the guests. (Zebra/Zebra, Lion/Lion…) It can be random characters or they can have a theme (ie: animals, TV characters…).
- Have each child draw a paper out of a jar with one of the names. Then tell the kids to start acting out their characters. The goal is for each child to find their match. Kids are not aloud to talk -they can just do actions. When kids think they have found their match – they sit down in a circle and everyone goes around and says what they were. (This game can be fun for adults too.)
- This game can be played as a team or individually. Create your teams.
- Give each team 15-25 toothpicks and marshmallows.
- Teams have a set amount of time (5-10 minutes) to build the tallest tower using only the toothpicks and marshmallows.
Unwrap the Mystery Gift
- Before the party, wrap a gift with multiple layers of wrapping paper.
- Once the party starts, put all the kids in a circle and they pass the gift while the music is playing, when the music stops, the child holding the gifts unwraps a layer. Then start the music and continue until the child unwraps the last layer.
- The child that unwraps the last layer keeps the gift inside the box.
- Musical Chairs
- Egg & Spoon Race
HIDDEN IN PLAIN SITE
This is a great game for families, adult events and icebreakers! Select a room to do this and before the party, set items around the room that blend in [see example list below]. When everyone arrives, break them into teams of 2-3 people and give them a list of things to find… make sure they know they cannot move anything. Use frames hanging on the walls, bookshelves, and anything else in the room that allows you to blend in the items.
Without the need to touch or move anything, you will find the following objects…
- An eraser
- Pack of gum
- White Plastic coat hanger
- Plastic skateboard
- Wooden penguin
- Plastic ruler
- $50 bill [this was play money]
- Pencil sharpener
- Princess Leia [this was a lego piece]
- Champagne bubble bottle
- Sushi band-aid
- Diamond Ring
- Gold Kangaroo