Grandparents overnight checklist1
These extras are great to have on hand and mean less packing for the parents when they bring the kids…
Use ParentClick.com when your grandchildren are coming for a visit.
Use the ParentClick.com CALENDAR to plan activities.
Use the ParentClick CLASSIFIEDS or CraigsList to find a high-chair, carseat, or crib so that you are prepared for the baby visits.
Child proof your house with this handy CHILD PROOF CHECKLIST >
Stock your house with healthy snacks.
STOCK TOYS AND SUPPLIES…
Keep a Rubbermaid container of toys, books, kids, outside toys, videos and art supplies in the garage.
Bring them out when the kids arrive.
It will be a novelty for the kids to have a basket of toys they are not used to and hopefully it will keep them away from the breakables.
Extra carseat, Booster seat (or highchair) for meals that can sit on a chair and fold up compactly-it includes a tray for infants, Pack-n-Play, Baby Gate, Door Knob Covers, Electrical Outlet Covers, Bath mat and/or bath seat, Compact umbrella stroller for walks, Night light, Diapers & wipes & baby food, Diaper changing pad, Baby Monitor
KEEPING KIDS ENTERTAINED…
Have some activities and games on hand to keep the kids busy.
- Create a Treasure Hunt,
- Camp Out in the family room with sleeping bags and a pizza picnic,
- Blow up balloons and play balloon volleyball,
- Throw a tea party with stuffed bears, tasty cookies and tea or punch,
- Sing & dance to fun music,
- Work on a jigsaw puzzle or play card games,
- Bake and teach them family recipes,
- Keep simple and easy art & craft supplies on hand,
- Kids of all ages enjoy a good story whether it is reading from a book or sharing parts of your history