Share ONE FUN FACT about you?
- I love to trap shoot!
- Food - I love tacos!
- I'm reading "One for the Money," which is a fun quick read. Now I only have time for the quick books!
- Bistro 1111
- I'm not a big coffee drinker. I only drink half a cup at a time!
- Right now "Lazy Afternoon" by Revolution.
- Not a big movie buff, but I love romantic movies, if I had to choose.
- The Food Channel
- Wake up early to go for a walk on the beach. I would love to be up at the lake for camping. Lots of family time.
- We go quite often to Lake Nacimiento.
- NuSkin - skin care and antiaging products.
What is your current profession?
- I have owned Murphy Electric Maintenance since 2000 (www.murphyelectricsb.com). The company has been around since 1958.
- Being responsible for my employees. I have to do my job to make sure their checks cash. I feel very responsible to do a good job so that they can provide for their families.
- Fullerton, but left when I got a job and have worked my way through.
- I "extreme coupon" and drop off bags of things like laundry detergent at the shelter. I also volunteer at school.
- In Corona.
- One brother.
- I'm always aware of doing good on Earth so that I can be up close to the front of the line at the Pearly Gates!
- By my happiness.
- My husband and I making it together through health issues, etc.
- I can totally be a homebody.
Parents & Step-Parents
How many children do you have? Ages?
- I have a foster kid, he's eight. He has been with us for ten months.
- One thing that is so important is to read. If you can read, you can do anything!
- Tips for other foster parents: Keep the big picture in mind. Don't get caught up in all the hoops you have to jump through.
- Becoming a foster parent is a team decision. Make the decision whole-heartedly because it is a huge commitment. The commitment helps to get through the difficult times. We want to teach him as many life skills as possible because no one will be able to take that away from him. We want to give him life-long gifts.